Sunday, February 6, 2011

Why I haven't posted in a while

I haven't posted a lot recently. In fact, I haven't posted anything since Jan. 17, a regrettably long time. Part of this comes from the fact I've  temporarily halted my fact-checking posts. I've found myself less inclined to debunk and I'm not sure the way I've been doing it has been good netiquette.

Usually I do some research, write it up, and re-read the article to make sure I've addressed the claim fairly. Then I revise my post, publish it, and summarize my post as a comment with a link to the specific post on my blog. Almost all of those steps I'm good with. The last part of the last step, I'm not sure about. Posting on other people's blogs with a link to your own blog is starting to strike me as tacky. Still, I still want to debunk in a full post (rather than a comment). It's a quandary and to resolve it I will look the general attitude towards this practice.

I do have a lot of content 'in the pipeline' as it is. I've been doing plenty of writing on critical thinking and critical thinking resources, so expect those to come your way soon. Part of the reason you haven't seen any of that is because my inner perfectionist has made an appearance and I don't want to publish them without editing them...again...and again. I'm breaking that tonight, with a post I think you'll find useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment